IT seems Australia isn't the only country to have experienced a combustible iPhone 4 this week with Brazil reporting a similar incident.
Reports say a device plugged in for overnight charging began emitting smoke and sparks less than 30cm from its sleeping owner’s face.
The iPhone’s owner was unhurt but flustered, according to Brazilian media.
The device was made in France, where in 2009 a teenager claimed to have been hit in the eye with a glass splinter when his girlfriend’s iPhone began hissing and its glass screen exploded.
The 8GB iPhone 4, new in Brazil, is believed to have the world’s heftiest price tag for the model, with devices reportedly going for more than $U900, data plan not included, Mashable reported.